Is it safe to travel in Mizoram?
- Mizoram is considered one of the safest places to travel in India. The Mizos are peace loving and hospitable by nature, and the state is conveniently free from insurgency problems and tribal conflicts which are often witnessed in other north-eastern states.
Is Mizoram a good destination for travelling with children?
- Mizoram is an excellent destination for family travel. It is a destination with much to offer for different categories of travelers. Parents, Youngsters and children can enjoy and experience its scenic landscapes and rich tribal culture. Besides these, wildlife adventures in the national parks and wildlife sanctuaries, outdoor sports and adventure activities can be enjoyed by all.
What is the best time to visit Mizoram?
- Though in Mizoram, scope for tourism activities prevails throughout the year, the best time to visit Mizoram would be from September to April.
What kinds of clothes should I carry during trip to Mizoram?
- Carry cotton garments during summer and light woolen clothes during monsoon. During winter, warm woolen clothing is essential.
What type of accommodation can I avail in Mizoram?
- Private hotels and tourist Lodges houses are available in Aizawl and other bigger towns. In other areas, Tourist Lodges run by the Tourism department of Mizoram are available at affordable prices.
What kind of food I will have at Mizoram hotels and restaurants?
- Mizoram cuisine offers both vegetarian and non-vegetarian delicacies. One of the main specialties of the food is that it is very different from the food available in other parts of the country. The mizos generally don’t like spicy and oily foods. Restaurants offering Indian cuisine, Chinese cuisine and western style foods can be found mostly in cities and towns.
Is it forbidden to consume liquor in Mizoram?
- The ban on liquor is lifted from 2015. But the Mizoram Liquor Prohibition and Control Act (MLPC) rely heavily on permits, including for buying alcohol, and also provide for fines and jail-terms for a plethora of offences — these jail terms vary from five days to five years, the longest term to include offences such as drunk driving, causing ‘nuisance’ and drinking in public places although magistrates would be allowed amnesty powers to commute both fines and offences to five-days’ community work.MLPC will also empower any citizen to arrest offenders provided they hand them over to police or Excise and Narcotics officials
Will I be able to get internet access easily during tour?
- Internet connections are available in Aizawl and most towns except for more remote rural areas.
Can I use credit card in Mizoram?
- You can use Visa or MasterCard only at few places in Aizawl. It is recommended that you carry enough Indian currency for your purchases and expenses.
How is the ATM facility in Mizoram?
- ATM facility is available only in Aizawl and some bigger towns in Mizoram.